Thursday, February 18, 2016

Review: Seraphine Botanicals Liquid Lipstick in Cherry Cream

Hello Lippie Lovers! Today I am reviewing a "lipstick" I received from my February Lip Monthly bag that I reviewed HERE. The reason I have lipstick in quotation marks is that the product actually calls this a lip and cheek tint, but this is straight up a liquid lipstick and I would never dream of putting this stuff on my cheeks. Well, maybe at 3 a.m. after a bottle of wine, but that's an entirely different story. I'll admit I've never heard of this brand, but I'm excited to to review the Seraphine Botanicals Lipstick in Cherry Cream.


The Breakdown:

Price: $18.00
Contains: 0.16 Ounces
Smell: Sweet
Available: Online*

*Use ipsy code "IPSY30" for 30% off through 3/31/16*












Part One: Packaging

I think I'm starting to regret having this as a part to review. It seems like I can't think of anything new to say about the same packaging day in and day out. Either way, this comes in pretty standard liquid lipstick packaging, the only difference being that the container is short and squat rather than long and skinny (hey, it's like me!), and the doe foot applicator is a bit shorter. Other than that, nothing out of the ordinary. 4 out of 5.


Part Two: Color

When this stated that it was a lip and cheek tint, I was not expecting the color to be as bold as what was in the tube, so I was pleasantly surprised when I swatched this and it was a bold true red, just like in the tube. Man, this color is great, but I might be a little biased as I LOVE red lipstick. It is my favorite color to wear. 5 out of 5 for color. But I would rate it higher if I could.



Part Three: Formula

So this is honestly unlike any other lipstick I've ever worn. The formula was thin, but yet buttery at the same time? It dried very quickly, so quickly in fact that I was still applying to the top lip and the bottom lip was already dry, and only needed 1 swipe to cover my entire lips (and I don't have the thinnest lips out there). Once it dried down, it honestly felt like I was wearing nothing on my lips. They didn't feel dry or anything really, and I actually kept forgetting that I was wearing it. The best part though was that the color lasted 12+ hours, through breakfast, lunch, dinner, and drinks and looked just as bold and vibrant when I took it off as when I first put it on that morning. I didn't get a picture of how it looked after that time because it literally looked exactly the same. Hands down, the best formula I've ever tried. It's also nice that it's Vegan and Cruelty Free. Formula gets an astounding 5 out of 5.

Final Verdict:

This is 100% the best liquid lipstick I've ever put on my lips. The only problem is that this is the ONLY one they have. 1 color, how could they do this to me? I want this formula in every color possible and even though the color they offer is awesome, I'm disappointed that they don't have more. Maybe if enough people become excited about it, they might expand the range??? Here's to hoping.

5 out of 5 Lippies.

No comments:

Post a Comment