Friday, February 5, 2016

Review: Sephora Collection Cream Lip Stain in Blackberry Sorbet

Hello again Lippie Lovers!! Today I have for you a review of the Sephora Collection Cream Lip Stain in 14 Blackberry Sorbet.


The Breakdown:

Price: $14.00
Contains: 0.169 ounces
Scent: a very faint vanilla
Available: Online or at Sephora Stores.













Part One: Packaging

I have to say the packaging disappoints me. I understand that this is considered a "Generic Brand" since it comes directly from Sephora, but it's still Sephora, not the dollar store. The tube is completely blank except for the name of the product in plain black writing on the side. The applicator is a standard doe foot with Sephora written around it. This looks like the packaging you would expect on a product that costs maybe $5, not the $14 you have to pay. Packaging gets a 2 out of 5.


Part Two: Color

I love this color. Simple as that, I love this color so much. Now this is what I would call a buildable color. One swipe is really all you need for a bright berry shade, but if you put on a second coat, you get a color that I would agree looks like a blackberry sorbet. I usually always wear this shade with two coats, and when I do, I always get compliments on it. 4 out of 5 for color, as the 1st coat can go on a bit streaky.

Color with 1 coat
Color after about 6 hours and breakfast and lunch eaten.
Color with a second coat added.
Part Three: Formula

So this is where the $14 comes into play. This liquid lipstick is definitely worth that $14 price tag. The formula goes on very liquid and dries down to a completely matte shade that is not only beautiful and opaque, but feels comfortable like there is nothing on your lips, and boy does it last all day. I felt the need to apply a fresh coat after about 6 hours, but as I look at the pictures of my lips at that time, I could have easily goes a few more hours. Formula gets a 5 out of 5.

Final Verdict:

I have nothing more to say about this lipstick, besides that I LOVE it. But, due to it being streaky and cheap packaging, I will give it...

4 out of 5 Lippies.

No comments:

Post a Comment