Sunday, February 7, 2016

Review and Swatches: Nyx Matte Lipsticks

Hello again Lippie Lovers. I have another Nyx product for you today. This time I decided to review and swatch all of the lipsticks I own from the Matte line.


The Breakdown:

Price: $5.99
Contains: 0.16 Ounces
Smell: None
Available: Online and at most Drugstores













Part One: Packaging

Okay. Nyx Packaging. Same Thing Different Date. 4 out of 5.


Part Two: Color

This is where I think Nyx really shines. They have a whooping 45 shades in this line. That is crazy! If you can't find a color you love, you don't need to be wearing lipstick! But, I will say that my two favorite colors out of the ones that I own are Shocking Pink, and Bloody Mary. There are a couple of colors that I used to own that won't be on this list of my colors below, because I did not care for them and gave them to friends and family. Colors are amazing and pigmented and just awesome. These are probably my favorite lipsticks to wear besides my Wet N Wild ones. Color gets 5 out of 5.

Colors I own:


  1. Bloody Mary: "Blue-Toned Cranberry Red"
  2. Whipped Caviar: "Muted Plum"
  3. Natural: "Mauve"
  4. Shocking Pink: "Blue-Toned Hot Pink"
  5. Couture: "Light Pink"
  6. Alabama: "Brick Red"
  7. Audrey: "Mid-Toned Blue Pink" (not pictured)
  8. Pure Red: "Bright Red-Orange"
Shocking Pink


Alabama





Pure Red



Couture



Whipped Caviar




Natural


Bloody Mary


From L to R: Bloody Mary, Natural, Whipped Caviar, Couture, Pure Red, Alabama, and Shocking Pink




















Part Three: Formula

The formula on these are not just Matte. I've noticed that some of the darker colors feel more Demi-Matte while the lighter colors have a drier Matte consistency. The darker colors also have much better staying power, but this is with any lipstick I have ever tried, which is why I haven't always gone for the whole "Nude" lipstick look. For example, the only color in the range that I own that would actually be considered nude just does not look great on me. All of the other colors I think I can fairly pull off that I have, but not the nude. Either way, these lipsticks are not transfer proof by any means, but they do have a matte or demi-matte finish and last on me through my long 12 hour days. The formula gets a 5 out of 5, but I also recommend the darker colors.

Final Verdict:

Obviously I love this lipstick if I own so many shades of them, and plan on buying more shades, especially some of the ones that they have recently released. If you are on a budget but want a great long lasting lipstick that packs a great color punch, these are the ones for you.

5 out of 5 Lippies.

Create your own user feedback survey

No comments:

Post a Comment