Sunday, February 7, 2016

Review and Swatches: Nyx Wicked Lippies

Hello Lippie Lovers,

Today I was feeling bold and decided to wear my Nyx Wicked Lippies. Instead of reviewing just 1 color, as I usually do, I decided to go ahead and swatch the 3 colors that I currently have out of the line. I figured I would shake it up a bit and see how it goes.


The Breakdown:

Cost: $6.00
Contains: 0.16 Ounces
Smell: Very slight "lipstick" smell
Available: Online and at most drugstores













Part One: Packaging

The packaging is very Nyx. They pretty much always do the solid colored case (black for the wicked lippies) and a clear middle to show the colors. It is sleek and simple, though nothing to write home about. Pretty decent packaging for the price of them I would say. Either way, 4 out 5 for packaging.

source


Part Two: Color

Okay so I am reviewing the three colors I have. I will list the colors and how they are described on the Nyx website below, so that you can see the colors I have. These were the first "crazy color" type of lipstick I ever purchased. They colors are supposed to have a metallic finish to them, and I have to say that Nyx really pulled that off. The colors are very metallic and very pigmented, which is a great thing. In this line there is only really 1 or 2 colors that are in any way wearable in every day life, but if you are looking for something fun and different, this is exactly what you need in your life. In this case though I will give the color 4 out of 5, because I wish they had more normal colors that were metallic (i.e. Red).

Colors I own:
  1.  Wrath: "Metallic copper with an orange undertone"
  2.  Betrayal: "Deep Vamp Purple with Pearl"
  3.  Cold-Hearted: "Deep Metallic Granite with Silver Shimmer"
Wrath


Betrayal

Cold Hearted


Part Three: Formula

So I knew going in that these were not marketed as a long lasting lippie. They have a very creamy formula that feels very nice on the lips, but the lasting power really is lacking. They of course don't make it through eating or drinking and I had to touch up probably every 2 to 3 hours if I didn't eat.  So in say, I have had better, and I have had worse. If a lippie had been marketing as long lasting I would be majorly pissed that it only lasted a couple of hours, but seeing how this is a creamy formula on purpose, I don't mind it so much. This is not necessarily a lipstick I would find myself reaching for on an everyday basis, or even a day I was going to wear my lipstick all day. But, if I was going out at night and wanted to look vampy and cool, I might grab one of these. So, I'll give formula a 3 out of 5.

Final Verdict:

Overall these aren't horrible lipsticks, they are fun and different than many other lipsticks on the market, but if you want something that'll last all day, I would not recommend these.

3 out of 5 Lippies.



No comments:

Post a Comment