Thursday, March 10, 2016

Review: L'Oreal Infallible Pro Last Lipcolor in Permanent Blush

Hello my Lippie Lovers! Today I have an OG Liquid Lipstick from the Drugstore. This liquid lipstick was around back before liquid lipstick was a thing (I know it's so hipster). I picked this up and wanted to give a try. It is the L'Oreal Infallible Pro-Last Lipcolor in #117 Permanent Blush.



The Breakdown:

Price: $12.99
Contains: 0.12 Ounces (Liquid Part)
Scent: None
Available: Online and at most drugstores.











Part One: Packaging

These two step packaging lipsticks are pretty popular in the drugstore world, but I don't much care for them. I almost wish that the balm part could separate so that this long lipstick tube wouldn't take up so much space in my purse. But, then I would probably gripe because I would lose the balm piece and say it should all be together. I guess you can't win with me. 3 out of 5 for packaging.


Part Two: Color

The color I picked up is called Permanent Blush. It is a Pinky Coral with gold glitter. The gold glitter is mostly undetectable on the lips (you can see it quite well in the package) until it starts to fade and a golden sparkle is left behind. While this is a pretty color it seems lighter in person than it is in the tube, and I don't think it's really a shade that looks good on me. Whoever I do give them points because they have 24 different shades in this line, ranging from True nude to deep berries and purples. I'll give them 4 out of 5 for color.


Part Three Formula:

If you are looking for a lipstick that you can put on once in the morning, then work a 10 hour shift and still have color when you come home, this color is for you. The balm end actually feels quite nice, and I noticed it lasting about 2 hours or so. When you first apply the color, it states to wait 2 minutes for it to dry and then apply the balm. If you don't apply the balm this is the stickiest liquid lipstick I've ever had on my lips. But when you put the balm on, all of the stickiness goes away, and stays pretty comfortable for about 6 hours I would say. After that it began to feel dry and i needed to reapply the balm, but the color was still there. Though this is not my favorite formula, I would say it's not horrible. 4 out of 5 for formula.

Final Verdict:

So considering that for a drugstore lipstick, this is $13, I personally would skip this and get a Sephora Lip Cream for only $1 or so more. But if you don't mind a dry liquid lipstick that does really last all day, then you would probably love this one. I doubt I will be purchasing any more of these, though some of their shades are very pretty.

3 out of 5 Lippies.

No comments:

Post a Comment