Thursday, February 11, 2016

Review: Be a Bombshell Lip Crayon in Hot Damn

Good Afternoon Lippie Lovers!

Today I have a lip product that I received in my Lip Monthly Bag and thought I would give it a try! It is from the Brand "Be a Bombshell" and it is their lip crayon in the color Hot Damn.


The Breakdown:

Price: $16
Contains: 0.8 Ounces
Scent: None Whatsoever
Available: Online













Part One: Packaging

So I'm not a lover of lip crayons in general, and this is just a basic black casing lip crayon. The reason I hate lip crayons is that the product does not go down and I always managed to nick the product on the lid and just make a mess. Once thing I do like about this packaging though, is that you don't have to sharpen it, the product rolls out. So, with that said, 3 out of 5 for packaging.



Part Two: Color

This color is described as a "Bright Red" on the Be A Bombshell website, and while that is true it pulls very coral on me. Not that this is a bad thing, I just don't think coral colors look that great on me in general, but I did get a compliment at work today, so score! The color is much more sheer than I like, but it does still pack a punch of color, you just might need a couple of layers to get it. I'll give the color a 4 out of 5.



Color at time of application
Part Three: Formula

I have to say I was pleasantly surprised by this one. I honestly though I was going to hate it, especially after reading the website and nowhere did it mention that it was long lasting. What is does say is, "Formula: A glossy lip crayon with a smooth texture." So going on that, it is a very smooth texture, but it's not overly glossy or slippery, it feels more like butter, which is good in my book. Now although they didn't mention it being long lasting, this did last and stain better than I was hoping. Now it does transfer like a regular cream lipstick, but like I said it stayed better than I was hoping and stayed super comfortable all day long. The website does caution that it can bleed w/out a lip liner, but I had no problems with that, and I NEVER wear lip liner when I'm first trying out a new lip product. I'll give the formula a 4 out of 5. It wasn't my favorite, but it wasn't my worst by far.

Lipstick after 4 hours and eating a Schlotzsky's Sandwich (impressive!)
Final Verdict:

This is not a bad product, for someone that likes a sheer wash of color that still packs a punch, and maybe has lips on the dryer side, this could be your holy grail, and with 11 different shades there should be one for everyone. 

4 out of 5 Lippies

No comments:

Post a Comment