Monday, February 1, 2016

Review: Wet N Wild MegaLast Lipstick in Stop Light Red

Hello again Fellow Lippie Lovers!

Today I have a review for the Wet N Wild MegaLast Lipstick in Stoplight Red.





The Breakdown:

Price: $1.99 - $2.50
Contains: 0.11 ounces
Scent: No Scent
Available: Online
and at most Drugstores










Part One: Packaging

Okay, so this lipstick is $1.99 and at that price you can't expect much with the packaging, and with this lipstick you won't get much. The packaging is cheap, flimsy plastic that gets product all over the place. If this lipstick was $20 this would for sure be a huge blow toward that final verdict, but at the price you can get it, I don't hold the packaging against the lipstick. But for reference, the packing is only a 2 out of 5.


Part Two: Color

Wowzers does this thing pack a punch when it comes to color. This is the most vibrant velvety red I've ever worn. Every time I wear this color someone stops me to ask me what color I'm wearing, or just to complement my lip color (and I mean EVERY SINGLE TIME). I was even asked at a M.A.C. store what color I was wearing. Sometimes I just smile because I know a little secret that M.A.C. just doesn't get. The color of this lipstick is an outstanding 5 out 5, but beware this color is not for the faint of heart. But if you want some very bold red lips... This is what you need in your life. But if this color is too bold for you, there are 25 more colors to choose from in this range.

Lipstick at time of Application

Part Three: Formula

So according to the Wet N Wild Website, these are actually classified as a Demi-Matte. Well, whatever the classification, can I have some more please? These are by far my favorite lipstick that comes in a bullet (I have a different favorite for Liquid Lipstick) and I find myself picking it up more than any other lipstick I own, period. It feels so velvety on the lips, and while it does dry into more of a matte finish as you wear it, it never clumps or clings or does any other weird thing. It is definitely not transfer proof, but as it starts to wear away (after quite a long time I might add) it does leave a nice stain behind. I wore this color for 12 hours and I only had to touch up once after I ate dinner, and it was just a little touch up. Re-Applying is also easy as it is smooth and doesn't make clumpy bits or anything.. Over all, this lipstick is better than most high end lipsticks I have tried, and they have a lot of colors to choose from. Formula gets a resounding 5 out of 5.

Lipstick at 12 hours of wear and only 1 touch-up at about 8 hours.


Final Verdict:

This lipstick is just perfection in a little tube. Not taking the packaging into account due to this being such an inexpensive product I give this lipstick a...

5 out of 5 Lippies.

No comments:

Post a Comment