Wednesday, February 10, 2016

Review: Nyx Soft Matte Lip Cream in Monte Carlo

Hello once again Lippie Lovers. I have another review for you today, and I wanted to just give a quick update. I am going to put a quick survey below and see what other kind of posts you wanted to see from me. I was thinking of either reviewing various lip scrubs and lip conditioners, or maybe doing a how to DIY lip scrubs, or even showing my lip treatment routine. Let me know what you want to see below! Until then, let's get back to the review!!

Today I am reviewing Nyx Soft Matte Lip Cream in the color 10 - Monte Carlo


The Breakdown:

Cost: $6
Contains: 0.27 Ounces
Scent: Cake Batter
Available: Online and at most drugstores













Part One: Packaging

The packaging is cute, actually looks just as good if not better than some more expensive liquid lipsticks. The tube is clear (with black writing) to show the color through and the applicator tip is a matte finish, which is always a nice feel. For a $6 lipstick Nyx really hit it out of the park on packaging. 5 out of 5.





Part Two: Color

The color I purchased is Monte Carlo, Nyx describes it as a Deep Cranberry Red. I would somewhat agree with that, as it looks more blue based red than cranberry to me, but that could just be on my cool-toned skin. However, it needs to be noted that to get the full opacity of the color you do need two coats, and the color at the time of application is not nearly as dark as it becomes later (more on that in the formula section). Either way, red lipsticks are my favorite to wear, and this is simply a gorgeous red that I think would look good on everybody. 5 out of 5 for color.

Lipstick color at time of application (2 coats)

Part Three: Formula

So before I talk about what I thought of the formula, let's talk about what Nyx claims. So never do they claim that this is a "Long Lasting Liquid Lipstick" not once do they call it that. They say it's simply a "Lip Cream that delivers a burst of color and sets to a soft matte finish". In that regard I think this is a great lipstick. Though they don't claim to be long lasting, they actually in my opinion last longer than some that do claim to last all day. Now, one thing I don't care for is that these take a long time to fully set down. I mean like an hour long. Once they do set, they are very comfortable and light feeling, but it is hard not to use your lips in any way for that long (like drinking a coffee you dirty girl), and after that hour the color oxidizes and becomes darker than initial application. Another note of interest is that they don't layer well. You can layer them but some of the comfortable feeling does go away and they feel too think after you layer later in the day (it is completely fine during the application process). So I think I will give formula a 4 out of 5.

Color after 1 hour. Darker, but still not as dark as the tube.

Final Verdict:

Simply put, I enjoy these lippies. They are affordable, comfortable, and pack a beautiful punch of color.

4 out of 5 Lippies.

Create your own user feedback survey

No comments:

Post a Comment