Wednesday, February 3, 2016

Review: Milani Color Statement Lipstick in Uptown Mauve

Hello again Lippie Lovers!

Today I have a drugstore lipstick review for you. It is Milani Color Statement Lipstick in Uptown Mauve.



The Breakdown:

Price: $5.99
Contains: 0.14 Ounces
Scent: Jolly Ranchers
Available: Online and Most Drugstores












Part One: Packaging

The packaging is cute for a $6 lipstick. The tube is gold and it has the color of the lipstick at the bottom, which is actually pretty helpful. There is not much to say about the packaging as it's pretty standard for a bullet type of drugstore lipstick. 4 out of 5



Part Two: Color

I will be truthful here, this is the first time I have ever put on a Mauve. most of the time when I think of a Mauve, it usually has more gray in it, and I just know that wouldn't look good on my skin tone. However as I looked this color up on the Milani website they actually describe this color as a Red Mauve, which I think is the ticket in why this color is so unique and awesome. It goes onto the lips opaque with one swipe, which is uncommon for a non-matte product. 5 out of 5 for color.


Part Three: Formula

I'll admit I was skeptical trying a non-matte shade. I used to only reach for products that stated they were matte, but lately I have started to not like new matte lipsticks, which is why I thought I would give this lipstick a try. I have to admit, it was not what I expected. I think I would describe this more of a semi-matte. The formula remind me of the Wet-N-Wild Matte lipstick, but just with a little extra shine. It was thick and creamy on the lips, but lasted quite a while. I think it was about 4 hours or so before I felt I needed to re-apply, but I could have probably gotten away with waiting a bit longer. Also, it smells like jolly ranchers and I found myself pulling it out of my purse just to sniff it. The best smelling lipstick I've ever had hands down. All in all, it was a pretty good product. I would give the formula a 4 out of 5, which for a non-matte is fairly high in my book.

Final Verdict:

Overall, I would say that this is a great lipstick. I really enjoyed the smell and feel of it on my lips, and I have to say it stained my lips way more than I thought it would, which can be a good thing or a bad thing, however you look at it.

4 out of 5 Lippies.


No comments:

Post a Comment