Wednesday, February 17, 2016

February Lip Monthly Un-Bagging

Hello Lippie Lovers! I have an un-bagging for another monthly subscription that I receive! This one is called Lip Monthly and it is basically ipsy for Lippie Lovers! Is it good though? Check out the review below.


The Breakdown:

Price: $12.95 a month (Get your first month for $5 with the code LIPLOVER)

Ships: Around the same time as Ipsy, around the 10-15th of the month.

Arrives in: a plain manila envelope mailer. They used to have a great gold packaging that was similar to ipsy, but the last 2 months have been a plain one. (Maybe they aren't make any money)

Ok, so let's talk about what Lip Monthly promises before we review the bag itself.


Okay, so this is a screenshot of their webpage. So, so far, this has been true in the 4 months that I have received it. You do usually get 4-5 Products, and while they are all usually full sized, they are not always just lips products. I'll go into more detail on that later. As far as the retail prices, I agree, and you will see that below as well. Though, I will say that my 1st bag was for November 2015 and it had a retail cost of about $98, so that one had a lot going on.

Now let's get to the bag shall we?

Products Received:

Seraphine Botanicals Vegan Berry Tint in Cherry Cream - $18
NYC Expert Lip Color in 411 Snowcone - ~$5
Prim Botanicals Lip and Cheek Glow in Radicchio - $22
Harvey Prince Sincerely Body Cream - $24 (Fullsize) $3 (Sample Size)

Overall Bag Review: 

I can't say that I'm 100% happy with this month's bag. The bag itself is cute, I like the colors and the little roses for Valentine's Day, but as always with their bags, it smells like a brand new pool floaty (you know what smell I mean). So as their claims, we should received 4-5 Lip Products. Technically, only two of the products I received this month were even meant for lips. and the Harvey Prince body cream seems like something you would get at a hotel for free.

Product Reviews:

So I will leave the Berry tint and the NYC lipstick for full reviews as these are really the only full on lip products that I got to be able to even give full reviews on.  But, I will talk a little bit about them anyway.

Seraphine Berry Tint: This has on the product that it is a tint for lips and cheeks. Um, no. There is no way this would work on anyone's cheeks. This is a full on matte liquid lipstick.

NYC Expert Lip Color: It's a drugstore brand lipstick, that much is totally find with me, I love find new products that are affordable, but this color. Honey child it is full on 80's metallic pink lipstick. I'm going to try to make it work for a full review though. Wish me luck.

Prim Botanicals: So this one is kind of odd. It comes with two colors, a red and a berry. To me, the colors are too bold for the cheeks, but too sheer for the lips. But, I will say that the boldness of the color on the cheeks is in large part to my pasty white skin. Someone that has a deeper skin tone than I do (98% of the world) will probably love this as a cream blush. I will probably try to find someone better suited to wearing these colors. Also, $22? Um. No.

Harvey Prince: Why? What is the reason for this? This feels like a last minute, oh crap we need another product to put in the bag kind of addition. The smell is horrible and it is way too greasy. It never fully absorbs into the skin, leaving it all gross. I do not like. Eww.

That's it. Not very good huh? Needless to say, I have not had the best bags with Lip Monthly lately, but I'm going to give them at least another shot. We will see how I feel about them after the March bag.

If you want to sign-up and try it for yourself (Hey you might have loved the items I got and think I'm a crazy bitch. That's Okay too) you can go HERE and sign-up, they have a couple of different options.


No comments:

Post a Comment