Monday, February 15, 2016

Review: MAC Satin Lipstick in Amorous

Hello Lippie Lovers,

Today I have another review for MAC Lipstick. As you may have read, I did not really care for their Matte lipstick, but I thought I would give them another try, this time with their Satin Formula. Today I have the color Amorous to try out!


The Breakdown:

Price: $17.00
Contains: 0.1 Ounces
Scent: Slight Vanilla
Available: Online and at MAC Stores













Part One: Packaging

The packaging for their lipstick products is all the same, nothing new here, if you want to read more about what I think of the packaging check out my review for one of their Matte shades HERE.



Part Two: Color

So this color is a little darker on my lips than I thought it would be when I did a swatch of it on my hand in the store. But, in my book, that is a good thing. MAC's website describes it as Lovestruck Cranberry, and I would have to agree, it is a very muted shade of cranberry with some pink undertones. The color is one that I think would be great on everyone. 5 out of 5 for color.


Part Three: Formula

The very first "matte" lipstick I ever tried was the Nyx Matte lipsticks, then from there I tried the Wet N Wild ones. What I have learned in my lipstick journey was that these are really more Demi-Matte and Semi-Matte instead of a true Matte (how many times can I type the word Matte in one review!) and when I went to purchase my first MAC lipstick I immediately went for the matte formula as that was what I loved in other lipsticks, but as it turns out, what I really loved was the Satin. Even on MAC's website, they claim that the Satin lipsticks have a Semi-Matte finish. I love this one so much more than I loved the Diva one. Now, one thing I will note is that the formula is still fairly thick, even for a Semi-Matte finish, and they don't last nearly as long as the Nyx or Wet N Wild ones. But they feel fantastic on the lips, and I will wear this one all the time (when I'm not wearing a new one to review!) I'll give the formula a 4 out of 5.

Final Verdict:

The Satin finish, in my opinion is light years better than their matte ones, which just goes to show that there is a MAC lipstick that will be perfect for you. I will eventually try some of their other finishes, but slowly (they are $17). Until then...

4 out of 5 Lippies.

No comments:

Post a Comment