Sunday, February 21, 2016

Review: Kat Von D Studded Kiss Lipstick in Underage Red

Hello again Lippie Lovers!!!! Today I have a very very exciting lipstick to review. I have been in love with the Kat Von D Studded Kiss Lipsticks since day 1 that I saw them in Sephora. I just couldn't justify spending the money when I wasn't 100% if I would like the formula. But I was able to get a Deluxe Sample with my points at sephora and I am excited to tell you about how this was on my lips!


The Breakdown:

Price: $21
Contains: 0.1 Ounces
Smell: Crème Brûlée
Available: Online and at Sephora













Part One: Packaging

The packaging on this lipstick is 100% why I have wanted to try it for so long. It is just perfect to me. It is studded (hence the name) and very rock and roll. I feel cooler just having this in my collection, even if it is the small version. 5 out of 5.


Part Two: Color

The color I received as Underage Red, and it's described as a fire-engine red. Boy does this one fit that bill. It is a very bold vibrant red, that I think would look great on just about any skin tone, but especially those darker skin-toned girls, who would rock the shit out of this lipstick. I can't say much about the color except for damn, gorgeous. Kat Von D knows how to do color. 5 out of 5.

Lipstick at time of Application

Part Three: Formula

The shade I received is a Matte shade. They have other formulas, but I can only talk about this one. So, I've come to the realization that Matte means something different to every brand, it's not a universal formula by any means. The formula on these reminds me of the Nyx Matte lipsticks (which I love). It's not overly thick, and after you put it on, it feels like regular dry lips, but it remains fairly comfortable as well. Also, because this isn't an overly thick consistency, this doesn't clump through the day as a lot of Matte formulas do. I finally felt the need to re-apply after about 6 hours and eating once, though the wear was pretty even throughout and didn't look horrible, even after fading. I actually really enjoyed the formula on this one, which I actually wasn't expecting when I got a matte shade, as I haven't had much luck with higher end Matte lipsticks. Formula is a 5 out of 5.

Lipstick after 6 hours and lunch.

Final Verdict:

So all in all, this was a very good lipstick. They have tons of colors from Bold, to crazy, to nudes, so there is something for everyone, and I think worth the $21 price. I will probably pickup a full size of this soon in a different color.

5 out of 5 Lippies.

No comments:

Post a Comment