Friday, February 5, 2016

Review: Dose of Colors Liquid Lipstick in Stone

Hello again Lippie Lovers!

Today I am going to review another color of a formula that I have already reviewed. If you want to see my review for this Lipstick in Berry Me, Click Here.

This time I am going to review the Color Stone...



The Breakdown:

Cost: $18
Contains: 0.3 Ounces
Scent: Light Vanilla Scent
available: Online












This review is going to be a little different. As I have already reviewed this Brand for the packaging and Formula, I'm not going to re-hash all of that. In a nutshell, when it comes to those two things, aces in my book. I obviously love the formula and packaging if I re-purchased in a new color, and plan on re-purchasing in even more colors soon. You can read my original review for more details on that.

Part One: Color

Instead I will talk about this specific color. I was apprehensive when I first bought this color. This is unlike any other color I've ever worn and I was afraid it would look horribly against my skin tone. So the first two times I wore this color every time I looked into a mirror it just looked straight up gray to me. I think it's because I was just not used to looking at this type of color on me. The website actually describes it as Mauve with a gray undertone, and I agree with that, but I have come to love this color and wear it quite often. The only thing I've notice for the negative column is that as this is a lighter shade is does tend to accentuate the lines of your lips, but that is something you can expect from any liquid to matte lighter shade lipstick, so I won't deduct anything for that. 5 out of 5 for color.

Lipstick at time of application, after completely set down to matte.

Final Verdict:

I simply love this lipstick formula already, and this color is a great everyday shade that is good for people who either work somewhere that they cannot wear bright or dark shades, or who are maybe a little afraid of more vivid colors. Also note, that while my cool-toned skin pulls the gray out of this lipstick, it is much more pink toned on my warm-toned friends. This color would look great on EVERYBODY!!! That's why it's awesome in book.

5 out of 5 Lippies.

No comments:

Post a Comment