Monday, February 1, 2016

Review: The Balm Meet Matt(e) Hughes Liquid Lipstick in Committed

Hello again Lippie Lovers! I am excited for today's review! It is...

The Balm Cosmetics Meet Matt(e) Hughes Liquid Lipstick in Committed.

The breakdown:

Cost: $17
Contains: 0.219 Ounces
Scent: Chocolate Mint
Available: Online














Part One: Packaging

I don't have much to say about the packaging. It's cute, but the cuteness is I think to distract from the simpleness of the tube. The lipstick is basically in a clear plastic tube with a black top that has a basic doe foot applicator. Then they just stick a sticker on it. The sticker is cute, it has a couple drinking a milkshake together. The Balm has cute name and cool 50's vibe on all their makeup, but like I said, it's simple. For $17 they could have maybe used a glass container or something, but since it pretty much does the job I'll let it slide this time. I'll give packaging a 3 out of 5.


Part Two: Color

9 times out of 10 when you see me I will be wearing a bold bright lipstick. I don't usually reach for the nude lipsticks and in fact when I got this lipstick I think I maybe owned 1 nude. I received this sample size in an Ipsy bag and I was excited to try it, despite the nude like color because I had at this point become obsessed with Liquid Lipsticks. I actually love this color, and on days that I am just shopping, or hanging out in casual clothes I will pull this one out and slap it on. The color is a pinky nude, and I'm glad I got it as it broadened my nude lipstick horizon. The color is so pretty and on my cool toned skin looks like a "My Lips But Better" color. 5 out of 5 for color.

Lipstick at time of Application

Part Three: Formula

The formula on this liquid lipstick is unlike any other that I have tried. It's not thick and creamy like some liquid lipsticks, but it's not as thin a formula as other I have tried as well. It's like a nice in between formula. It dries down to a matte finish fairly quickly, and once it's dry you tend to forget you even have it on. It is probably in the top 3 most comfortable liquid lipsticks to wear. I did have some slight fading near the corners of my mouth because I was eating a sandwich, but I was able to reapply some product there and it didn't feel cakey and gross, which I highly appreciated. There is a slight transfer on this lipstick, but very very slight, and it last well over 8 hours. I will give the formula a 5 out of 5.

Slight Fading after eating Dinner 9 hours after application.

Final Verdict:

I plan to purchase more of these. The only downside is that they only have 8 shades. I wish they had this formula in 100 shades.

5 Out of 5 Lippies.

No comments:

Post a Comment