Friday, March 4, 2016

Review: Nyx Butter Lipstick in Big Cherry

Hello Lippie Lovers!

I have a review today on Nyx's line of Butter Lipsticks. The color I will be reviewing is Big Cherry. I purchased three colors quite a while ago, but didn't really wear them much as I was too in love with their Matte range of lipsticks at the time.

But, my knowledge of what I like in a lipstick has grown, and my tastes matured so I though I would give them another shot. Also, please note that the names of the lipstick colors have changed, but I will give details to that below.


The Breakdown:

Price: $6.00
Contains: 0.16 Ounces
Scent: None
Available: Online and at most drugstores













Part One: Packaging

The packaging for the Butter Lipsticks is similar to their other lipstick formulas. The packaging is a bit cheap, and I wish the tube itself was black with the color peeking through the middle, more like the Matte lipstick range, but it isn't the worst drugstore packaging I've seen. I'll give it a 3 out of 5.


Part Two: Color

I have never tried any of the more nude shades in this range (As you know, I'm not much of a nude lipstick wearer) but the three colors I have (details will be below) are all very pigmented and beautiful with just one swipe. The colors in this line I think are great. They have an outrageous 33 colors! I mean come on, that's crazy! 5 out of 5 for color.

Nyx Butter Lipsticks in Big Cherry
Lipstick at time of Application

Part Three Formula:

These are described as a Satin formula. I completely agree with that if you have never tried the Mac version of Satin. Mac's finishes are not the same as any other lipsticks I have tried, and it the same with this one. This is much more creamy and hydrating than the Mac Satin Lippies. When these are on my lips it kind of feels like I'm wearing an extra creamy lip balm rather than a lipstick. Wear time is not the greatest, but it's not bad for a creamy lipstick. I felt the need to re-apply after about 2 hours and having a cup of coffee. Now, I still had quite a bit of the color, but I had lost that juicy look that fresh application gives. I probably could have easily gone another hour or two and been fine, but I re-applied. These are also obviously going to transfer, and you might want to refrain from a make-out session in these as the bright bold color does stain, and you don't want your significant other's poor face to be all stained. I'm surprised at home much I actually enjoyed this lipstick though so I'll give the formula a 4 out of 5. I just wished it would have lasted a little bit longer.

Lipstick after 2 Hours of wear and a Cup Of Coffee
Final Verdict:

These are a great lipstick for people who don't like the drying formula of Matte lipsticks. They aren't overly glossy though, they just give a nice plump juicy effect that is quite pleasing.

4 out of 5 Lippies.

Now that we have the review out of the way, I will talk about the name changes. So the lipsticks were all named after candy: Razzle, Taffy, Hubba Bubba, etc. and I'm guessing that became an issue because they changed all of the names. So while looking for more info on the lipstick I had I was worried at first that they had discontinued it, but alas it is now called Fire Brick. I will put a photo below of all of the old names and what their new names are in case anyone out there has previously purchased any of them and need to re-stock or whatnot. The three colors I own all have the old names, and they are: Big Cherry, Razzle, and Licorice. Any colors not listed here are new colors that were not in the previous named lined.


No comments:

Post a Comment