Monday, February 1, 2016

Review: Mirabella Red Velvet lip Pencil

Hello again Lippie Lovers! Today I have a product that I had never heard of until I received it in a Lip Monthly bag, but I thought I'd give it a try!

It is the Mirabella Red Velvet Lip Pencil.



The Breakdown:

Cost: $25.00
Contains: 0.2 ounces
Scent: Slight Vanilla Scent
Available: Online












Part One: Packaging

The packaging is basically a Chubby Pencil. Simple but quite convenient to throw in your purse or bag and not have to worry about it getting to messy or the lid falling off, or even if it's going to melt into the cap. I really like the pencil form, and it made it pretty easy to apply. I'll give packaging a 4 out of 5. The only reason it gets a bump down is that it is one of those plastic type pencils that while you can sharpen, it's not quite as easy as a wooden pencil.

source

Part Two: Color

Like I stated before, I had never heard of this brand before I received this in my Lip Monthly bag, but when I made that first swipe to check out the color on my hand, I was pleasantly surprised. The color is a deep blue based red, that in my opinion is just that perfect red that would look good on anyone. From skin as light as mine to someone with a much darker skin tone, this color would look awesome. Color is a 5 out of 5.



Part Three: Formula

This formula is different than any I have tried before. While it's not as long lasting as I would prefer, it did give me a good three to four hours before I felt like I needed to re-apply. Luckily re-application is the easiest I've had. On my lips this lippie felt like velvet, so I guess it was named appropriately. It almost felt as though I had a light lip balm on my lips for the day, and at the end of the day my lips actually felt more hydrated than they did before I put it on, which is a nice change after wearing so much matte lipstick. Formula gets a 4 out of 5, getting hit as it's claims as being long lasting don't really hold up well, and it is quite expensive.

Final Verdict:

I'd say this is a great product for a grab and go kind of girl that doesn't mind throwing another layer on every couple of hours. It is very pigmented so when you do need to re-apply it really doesn't take much to get that full color back.

4 out of 5 Lippies.


No comments:

Post a Comment