Thursday, January 28, 2016

Review: Mac Diva Matte Lipstick



Hello Lippie Lovers,

Today I am reviewing a Mac Matte lipstick in the color Diva.

IMG_0993
The Breakdown:

Price: $17.00
Contains: 0.1 Ounces
Scent: Slight Vanilla
Available: Online and M.A.C. Stores











Part One: Packaging


Just about everyone knows a Mac lipstick when they see that little black bullet of beauty. While the packaging is somewhat simple, it's also classic and sophisticated. It makes me think of Audrey Hepburn in Breakfast at Tiffany's. I almost want to throw on my little black dress and find my pearls when I pull it out of my purse. The lipstick also has that nice little snap when you close it, which is great for all of those Germaphobes out there! I give packaging a 5 out of 5.
IMG_1001
IMG_1003



Part Two: Color


Diva on my Cool Toned ghostly pale complexion is a very deep maroon red. The color does pull to be a brighter red on my warm toned friends. The shade is a very fall vampy type of color that is great for this time of year (or for every time of year if you are like me and just love dark lipstick). The color of Diva gets a 5 out of 5.



Part Three: Formula

I will admit that I pushed against purchasing any Mac lipstick just because of all the hype it receives. But, once I finally gave in and purchased it, I had done quite a bit of research and tried to find as many reviews as I could and after reading great review after great review I had pretty high hopes. I have to admit, I was a little disappointed.


The formula was thick, smooth, and opaque when you first glide it on your lips. "But Amber, isn't that a good thing?" you ask. Well normally yes it is. But that's where the greatness ended. Within the first hour the color was almost completely gone from the middle piece of my lips. This was without having anything to eat or drink yet, and already it was fading away, and when I tried to add more color, it was too thick and started to clump and look gross.


The only way at that point was to completely take the lipstick off and reapply from scratch, after only 1 hour! Who has time for that! For a $17 lipstick, I find this ridiculous. After trying to make this lipstick work on it's own I did find that if I added some EOS Lip Balm on top periodically it did last longer and work better. But, as there are so many Matte lipsticks out there that not only work better but are much cheaper, I have to give the formula only a 2 out of 5.
Lipstick after application 
Lipstick after 2.5 Hours



Final Verdict: 


Let's be honest, it's Mac Lipstick and while it didn't work that great for me, it might be your holy grail. But for me, I'll pass for now



3 out of 5 Lippies.

No comments:

Post a Comment