Wednesday, March 2, 2016

Review: Revlon Ultra HD Matte Lipcolor

Hello Lippie Lovers! Today I have a "liquid lipstick" from the drugstore. They are just trying so hard to make this new obsession work aren't they? Either Way, here we go!

Revlon Ultra HD Matte Lipcolor in HD Obsession


The Breakdown:

Price: ~8.99
Contains: 0.2 Ounces
Scent: Mango/Vanilla
Available: Online and at most drugstores













Part One: Packaging

The packaging is cute. It is thin and sleek, so it can easily fit in a purse or even a pocket. It has a frosted glass look, and you all know how much I love that! The only thing I personally don't care for is that they have that flat paddle applicator that has become trendy lately, but I don't really care for it. In case you are wondering why, I'll quickly tell you. While this shape hold a lot of product so that you don't have to "re-dip" there isn't a precise line and it makes it a little hard to get crisp edges. Either way, even despite the applicator, I'll give it 5 out of 5, I think it's just so cute.


Part Two: Color

The color I have is a beautiful color. While it is a very bold vibrant pink, it's not quite a vibrant as the ads lead you to believe. You can build up the color and get that color, but with one swipe it's not quite that bold. While Revlon doesn't have any color descriptions on these, I would say it's a vibrant red based hot pink. I could be wrong, but that's what my little pupils see. 4 out of 5 for color.

Lipstick at time of application
Part Three: Formula

Once again, this is where most drugstore liquid lipsticks fail. This one though is horrible. Revlon doesn't make claims that this one is long lasting, just that is a velvety smooth matte lipstick. So I pretty much agree with that, it does have a velvet feel on the lips, and it does mostly dry down to a matte finish (much better than the Maybelline One), but it does transfer and will not last through eating or really even drinking, but it does remain very comfortable, and I didn't have any issues with bleeding on this one. So as just a lipstick, not horrible and it's a good price so that's a plus. For formula though I will give it a 3 out of 5.

Final Verdict:

For a drugstore product it's not horrible, but drugstore brands have really been stepping up their game, so if I was to change anything I would make it a little more matte so that it matches the name a little better, but all in all, average.

3 out of 5 Lippies.

No comments:

Post a Comment