Wednesday, March 16, 2016

March Lip Monthly Unboxing

Hello Lippie Lovers! I know I haven't been writing up a storm like my usual self, but It's purely because I haven't had any new lipstick that I was excited about reviewing lately. But I received my March Lip Monthly yesterday and I was excited to get it because I made the decision last month that if I wasn't impressed with this one, I was going to cancel. How did it go? Well, let's see...



Okay, so here is the card, and what it stated I received:

I wrote #44 on the card, to remember the lipstick color lol
Now, according to this card I received a total of $42.49 worth of product. Now let's get into the product breakdown of what I received...

Camilla Lipstick and Matching Lip gloss: 
The color of these is beautiful, no doubt about that. They are a very Pink spring like color. I haven't actually put them on my lips yet, but they did swatch pretty nice and pigmented on my hand. However, here is where the problem lies. I usually always look up products online to make sure their claim of how much it costs is accurate, but I can't find this brand... Anywhere.

The other think I will note is that if you look at the packaging of the lipstick, they are trying very hard to achieve that M.A.C. bullet. Only they fail, miserably. Putting it next to my MAC lipstick, it feels cheap, Like dollar store cheap. It's only supposed to be $3 cheaper than MAC? Um, no.

EcoLips Tinted Balm:

This one is okay. Nothing really great about it, but nothing horrible about it either. Is it something I would buy for myself? No, probably not. It's also a very brown based tint, so it would be better for someone a bit more warm-toned than me.

Blush/Bronzer Duo:

Lip Monthly seems obsessed with my cheeks! It seems as though they are constantly giving me blush products! It's cool with me if you throw in a non lip item, but it doesn't have to be blush every single time. This one is actually really pretty though...


Though the bronzer is not a color I could bronze with, as nobody would believe my white skin would randomly be tanned in a few spots, so I gifted this over to my friend who is much more tan than I. I did look up this brand and they are sold at Ulta, and the swatches on my hand were beautiful. This is a tiny tin, but I did estimate that it would cost around $10.

Final Verdict:

Yes, I will be cancelling. I want products to try that I can buy in store or online. I'm not even sure if I want to do a full review on either the lipstick or the lipgloss because I don't like to review something that nobody can get their hands on! Either way, I think the concept is good, they just didn't really deliver for me. I wish ipsy would start a lip based bag, now that I would buy!

No comments:

Post a Comment