Monday, February 15, 2016

February Ipsy Unbagging!

Hello Lippie Lovers!! This is my first Ipsy un-bagging for this blog! I have been getting ipsy bags for about 5 or 6 months now, and I am excited to share with you what I received.

Please note: I will briefly review any non-lip items here, but the lip products will receive a full their own full on reviews, as hello I love lip products!!!

Are you ready? Here we go!!!



Items Received:

Smashbox Photo Finish Primer Oil - $42 full size (about $5 for the sample)
Naked Cosmetics Mica Pigment in Sierra Nevada (SN-02) - $14.99
Jersey Shore Spa Lip and Hand Polish in Vanilla Bean - $15
Chella Passionate Pink Moisturizing Lipstick Pencil - $18 Fullsize (about $2 for the sample)
Luxie Rose Gold Small Tapered Blending Brush 231 - $12

Total Value:  $48.99! Wow! What is also impressive is that 3 out of the 5 products are full sized!

Bag Review:

So I wasn't overly excited about this bag when I got the early preview at ipsy, but now that I have the products and have started to use them, I think this is probably in my top two favorite bags. Also, the bag itself is super cute this month!

Product Reviews:

So the Jersey Shore Lip Polish and the Lipstick are each going to receive their own review, so I will just stick to other products here.

Smashbox Primer Oil: I actually have enjoyed this so far. I have used it for 2 days in a row, and I was apprehensive about using an oil on my face, but since my skin is on the dryer side, and it's winter I have actually loved the way it makes my skin feel, and it makes my makeup look much more natural. Would I purchase the full size? I don't know, $42 is pretty steep for a primer, but time will tell.

Naked Cosmetics Pigment: So when I saw this one I wasn't sure about what it was exactly, but it's like a beautiful golden glitter for you eyes. This stuff is no joke, and I love it. It give a great glitter effect, but it's not for the faint at heart, or those that like a natural eye look. This stuff packs a big punch. Would I purchase more? Probably, they have some great colors on their website!

Luxie Brush: I really like this brush. I love that light pink handle, and it actually does a fairly good job of blending out that pigment. Would I purchase more from the line? Maybe. I have also fallen in love with Coastal Scent brushes that I received from ipsy in January, and they are more affordable so it would be a maybe on this one.

Final Verdict:

Look I got almost $50 worth of product for $10. I think ipsy is 100% worth it. There are months that are hits and some that are misses, but the more reviews and things you do, the better your bags get, and the last 2 bags I've gotten, I have used every single one of the products I've received on a daily basis, so it's a win in my book.

Want to Join??

Click Here and join me in getting excited about makeup every month!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment